Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

New Projects

I have lots of supplies for lots of new projects, but for one reason or another, I've been waiting to start them. I finally found one that needed no waiting: Reusable Fabric "Paper" Towels. I made a batch of six of these last week for light cleaning, i.e. nothing red: like wine, spaghetti sauce or cat throw-up and definitely no bike grease. They should be good for most other things- dusting, wiping up non-red liquids, etc...

This was super easy (although not quick b/c my machine is cheap and therefore apparently finicky) and I could've gotten them done in one sitting had I wanted to. You just cut rectangles out of quilters flannel and terry cloth, sew 3.5 sides together, flip and then top-stitch around the whole thing. Voila, reusable fabric "paper" towels. I read about people making these to use less actual paper towels, but I don't think that I will use less because I only use paper towels for the previously mentioned things. I'd say that a roll of paper towels lasts a couple months around here. But, now I won't have to go searching for crappy old t-shirts to rip up next time I want to dust.


A batch of 6


Backed with cream terry cloth- thus the ban on red!

No comments: