Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2015

27 months!

Ryder's vocabulary has had another big month!  I feel like his vocabulary tripled this month.  Last month I was thrilled when he learned his colors and some new trucks.  This month he's using verbs, pronouns and making sentences!!!  What a change!  He regularly uses "go," 'try," "like," "have," and "want" now, plus "eat" and "drink."

It took him two years and three months, but he also learned the word "NO."  Boy, I could have kept waiting!  He says "NO" to everything now, even things he actually wants.  Instead of asking once and trying to figure out if he was saying "uh-huh" or "uh-uh," now I have to ask three times  (at least) to figure out if he really means "NO" or just likes how it sounds!

He has been learning longer words too: excavator, bulldozer, front loader, and ambulance (see a pattern?) among others.  He also learned "help" and sometimes yells it during diaper changes, which is awkward if we're out somewhere!  Phrase of the month is absolutely "I love you."  When I taught it to him at dinner one night, he said it a few times right away then he started listing everyone he loves, an idea he came up with himself.  At naptime he has spontaneously said it to me and most days he yells it over and over as I go down the stairs.

He is as into drawing as ever and his drawing are getting good.  He draws really good trucks (duh!), all different kinds even.  They aren't perfect of course, but I can tell which kind he is drawing.  I found some awesome fully-articulating mini construction trucks and gave him a pan of rice and he can entertain himself for a very long time scooping, pushing and dumping that rice.

He got his summer haircut this month and he looks so old!  He still hates haircuts and fought this one like we were removing an important appendage.  It seems like he hit a mini growth spurt this month too, he's just a little bit bigger all of a sudden!

He didn't want to leave his friends out of the photo shoot!

Big smiles!

Funny face!

Finally convinced him to put his friends aside, but I didn't get a decent smile!  

Look at that charmer!

No comments: