Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

This Week in Training

Well, it's been a long time since I posted one of these. After some unfocused training due to many factors in my life, some pleasant (a wedding and a house) and some unpleasant (a pink slip), I'm back to goal oriented training. Since my fall was so hectic, I didn't think that the timing of indoor track was going to work for me this year- it's hard to believe but the meets have already started! Instead I have decided to tackle some of my softer PR's and hit the roads for some road racing this winter and spring. I've picked out a couple of races and I'll probably add a couple more as I get going. I'm going to do a race on New Year's day for fun but other than that, I probably won't race until I think that I'm ready to PR. Getting into distance running can be a bit of a challenge for me since I've been so sprint oriented, but I'm working on it. It's not a good sign that I missed a day of training the first week of my cycle though! Gotta keep the motivation high! A couple of training breakthroughs should do it for me; if that doesn't work, there's always the treadmill that's arriving tomorrow!

Monday:
4 miles

Tuesday:
1 mile warmup & drills
2x800 (3 min), 2x400 (90s), 2x200 (45s)
3:14.8, 3:11.9, 88.9, 87.6, 40.1, 38.4
800m cooldown

Wednesday:
5 miles

Thursday:
1 mile warmup
1200, mile, 1200 - easy 200/200@mile pace
Cooldown?

Friday:
Off

Saturday:
Off

Sunday:
6 miles

No comments: