Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Halfway There

I decided to take a look back at my New Year's Goals and see how I've been doing!


General:
        1.  Have a baby!  Did it!

Household:
        2.  Do everyday chores everyday- Mostly doing this - it's harder with the baby, but I'm doing a good job not letting everything go to hell, so that's a win, right?

        3.  Stick to a better schedule for the large cleaning jobs. Not so much

Hobbies:
        4.  Actually finish projects. I have finished every project I started since January, except Ryder's nursery which really isn't a hobby, so I'm going to say this is a total win.

        5.  Stop accruing endless amounts of fabric.  Fail! in my defense, I can't sew much right now because I haven't lost all of the baby weight, but don't worry- I've got plans for it all.  Also, all of my post-pregnancy sewing has been stashbusting!

        6.  Knit something. Nope, but I have looked at knitting patterns, so that's a step in the right direction.

        7.  Take more photographs.  Ryder has helped out with this goal. :)  Not quite what I meant of course, but it'll do.

Athletics/Fitness:
        8. Workout more consistently during pregnancy.  A little bit.

        9.  Stick to planned workout routine after pregnancy and run a race this summer.  No because my knee hurts.  I'm starting a non-running routine this month since it's become clear I won't be running much til I clear up the knee problem.

        10. Fit into my normal work clothes when I go back to school in the fall.  We'll see in September!

Garden:
        11. Plan my vegetables better- Excellent planning this year, but poor execution.  Ryder was born the week I was supposed to start everything.

        12. Can more tomatoes!  Bread and butter pickles were a big hit too.  Pickles this week, we'll see about the tomatoes in September.

        13. Fill in more permanent landscaping in the flower gardens- especially trees and bushes.  We're looking at a new picket fence, some hydrangeas and rhododendrons and a magnolia tree.  Fence is in, bushes and trees will probably be next year.

No comments: