Pages

Friday, December 14, 2007

First Meet

Well, tomorrow is my first meet of the season, a BU mini meet. For anyone who hasn't done one of these or for anyone not from New England, these meets are awesome. They are totally low-key and lots of fun. There is a limited schedule of events, so the meet only takes a few hours and the BU track is awesome. I will go out on a limb and say that it is the best indoor track in the Northeast, and I've run on them all.

Since this is my first sprint race in two years or so, I'm very nervous. This whole week I've had that horrible nervous feeling in my stomach and it's not going away. I'm sure that it will be awful tomorrow. I'm sure that after I get a couple of meets under my belt I will feel better about it, but boy does it suck now. At any rate, my training has been going well, it's just a matter of getting race sharp and continuing the hard work.

Wish me luck!



The beautiful BU indoor track (from their website)

No comments: