Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ciao 2008

2008 was certainly a crazy year. Unfortunately my worst year athletically coincided with Janda's best year. I languished on the track, running 2+ seconds off my PR, while Janda was chalking up podium finishes where he outran or outbiked (or both!) just about all the other top pros. 2008 started with my slowest 200m since I began training again post-college, but on a happy note it finished with my fastest 200m since Feb. 2006. Things are looking up for 2009!

Janda and I also traveled a record amount, and even left the country, although Canada isn't exactly foreign. We look forward to traveling less next year but more significantly. A trip to France is being considered to celebrate my 30th birthday. Hopefully everything will work out and it will happen next summer.

Janda and I have also been househunting and I think that it's safe to say that we will finally find a house that we both love by the spring/summer.

Now that I think about it, 2009 could be a banner year for us! Happy New Year!

The highlights of '08!


Our first trip of the year- Columbia MD.


The best surprise of 2008- Girly-Girl's kittens.


Summer is always too short.


Us at Niagara Falls (I look a little crazy!).


Finishing the season at Clearwater.


Us and the babies by our perfect Christmas tree.

3 comments:

Liam O'Connell said...

dude that cat is going to be bigger than you soon!

Liam O'Connell said...

dude that cat is going to be bigger than you soon!

Michelle C said...

He can't help it, he's big-boned!