Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I finished something else!

And it was not from my list of Spring projects and it didn't require hand sewing.

I made this from my leftover Valori Wells voile- there is still enough to make a teeny skirt for a teeny person!  I had not intended for there to be a crossover front, but I didn't have enough fabric to make the top above the empire waist out of one piece.  I think that the crossover worked out well, though, so I'm happy.  The fabric has some stretch even though it's a woven and I chose not to use a zipper, so it's a little tight to get on and off!  Any looser and it would have hung off my back funny, so that was the trade-off.  My plan is to find some ribbon or to make a ribbon from the fabric for the tie at the neck.  White doesn't quite go.  I also plan to add some clear seed beads to make this top a little dressier.  You can see from the side view that the back hangs down a little- but not nearly as much as it did at first.


I don't plan to wear this top with work trousers, but that's what I was wearing at the time.



Janda and I were so busy with mad lots of yardwork over vacation that I didn't get anywhere on my other projects.  Hopefully soon...  I have a birthday party this weekend and I'd like to wear one of those dresses!


2 comments:

Pam Lally said...

Wow, this is beautiful, Michelle. I can't wait to see all of the pieces in your collection. I love the romper you made for Emma too --very sweet. I'm impressed you made that skirt without a pattern. Keep up the great work. Best, Pam

Michelle C said...

Thanks! I got some Amy Butler this week to make some more easy summer skirts- can't wait! And I love using the leftovers to make Emma clothes. :)