Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Enjoying the fruits (and vegetables) of my labor

Kohlribi Kohlrabi, Strike Peas, Strike Spinach and Romaine Lettuce

I've been eating peas and snow peas for a week or two now, but finally there was enough in the garden to pick and actually bring inside.  My first crop of lettuce and spinach didn't do so well and I have no idea why.  The second crop is growing nicely though, so pretty soon we'll have all the greens we can eat.  I also plucked the first kohlrabi and plan to try it out today.  

The tomato plants that I planted back in March are now sprouting buds.  Pretty soon there will be flowers and then in a while I'll actually get some tomatoes!  Can't wait.

 
 My big boy smushed himself into Michelley's bowl the other day and I had to snap a pic.  Doesn't he have the sweetest face?

No comments: