Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Holiday Season

I was planning on writing my resolutions and putting up some holiday photos around the New Year, but unfortunately I caught the stomach bug that has been going around.  I only was seriously nauseous for about 24 hours, but my stomach didn't feel right again for a week!  And then the next week I spent catching up on sleep.  Maybe I'm caught up now,  or maybe when you're pregnant/have a small child you never catch up; at any rate, I feel better.

Michelley helping test out the white lights that never went up!

Kong hanging out by the Christmas tree

 A family photo; there was a way better one but it was blurry!  Do you know how hard it is to get a picture with three cats!

 In case you were wondering, I'm still getting bigger.  Here I am at about 24 weeks.

I have, as have many others, been doing some New Year resolving lately.  I actually makes resolutions all the time; I try my best to keep them, but I usually don't.  They are more like goals I guess.  Someday I'll do it all!

Until then, here are my New Year's Goals:

General:
        1.  Have a baby!

Household:
        2.  Do everyday chores everyday- that way they don't become large cleaning jobs.

        3.  Stick to a better schedule for the large cleaning jobs.

Hobbies:
        4.  Actually finish projects.  I think I finished about half last year.  The rest are waiting to be completed, but then I got pregnant and can't fit any of them.  Oops.

        5.  Stop accruing endless amounts of fabric.  

        6.  Knit something.

        7.  Take more photographs.  The past couple of years I have hardly taken any, aside from trips.

Athletics/Fitness:
        8. Workout more consistently during pregnancy.  At least 5 days a week.

        9.  Stick to planned workout routine after pregnancy and run a race this summer.  6 days a week, cardio + lifting should add up to 60 minutes- basically getting back to pre-pregnancy routine.

        10. Fit into my normal work clothes when I go back to school in the fall.  Only having a few (lackluster) outfits to choose from is frustrating when you have nice clothes in the closet.

Garden:
        11. Plan my vegetables better- I had too much of some and not enough of others last year.

        12. Can more tomatoes!  Bread and butter pickles were a big hit too.

        13. Fill in more permanent landscaping in the flower gardens- especially trees and bushes.  We're looking at a new picket fence, some hydrangeas and rhododendrons and a magnolia tree.

13 goals from 2013.  That seems like enough!  None of them are hard or expensive, so we'll see how I do.


No comments: