Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Stashbusting Sewalong 2013!

I'm excited to be joining the Stashbusting Sewalong proposed by Cation Designs and EmSewCrazyfor the year of 2013.  It's not going to be super easy, since I have a baby coming in 3 months, but I plan to do the best I can.  The Sewalong promises to be fun, with a flickr group and contests- not that I can be sure that I'll be up to participating!  ;)



I am pumped to be making a long term plan to diminish my stash, though.  I don't even want to estimate the yardage that is stowed away in my sewing room!  It falls into 3 main categories: lightweight cotton for summer dresses, skirts and tops, wool for work-style dresses, skirts and trousers and knits for t-shirts and dresses.  Of course, I have other miscellaneous cuts, but those 3 categories have to be at least 80% of my hoard.  I have/had general plans for each fabric that I have purchased, it's just a matter of matching up fabrics to patterns.  I would like to get at least 1 project in a month, but we'll see. 

Part 2 of the challenge involves buying less fabric.  That shouldn't be too hard at far as the 3 categories above are concerned, but I will need to get some baby fabrics since I plan to make my own cloth diapers and covers.  My main focus is sewing up the fabrics and patterns that I have and if I buy more fabric, I'll be ok with that.  Hopefully I'll be too busy with the baby to buy more!

My first project is going to be a maternity skirt made from tan corduroy that came to my stash via my grandmother's stash.  Since I have almost no bottoms to wear, I need to get moving on the skirt!!!


No comments: