Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2019

46 Months! (October 2018)

Vivi has settled into school pretty well, although I think she finds it a little tiring.  She goes for 3 half days and 2 full days.  She seems to like the days when she eats lunch at school, but it's definitely a long day.  She is an upstairs kid this year, so she is doing a lot of work with letters and they are working on her writing out her full name instead of just Vivi.  She has it down pretty well, although the E's are a hard one.

Vivien is totally used to having her hair brushed and done at this point, so that makes most mornings a little easier.  She likes braids and poufs, and will occasionally let me put her hair into a regular ponytail, but not often.  She likes to wear her hair like me, so if I have braids, she wants braids.  It is getting longer but when it's dry it's still right around shoulder length.

When Ryder started getting homework, Vivien also wanted to do homework, so she would ask me to get her homework.  Usually I would just write a bunch of letters in yellow and let her trace them and that satisfied her desire for homework.  She wants to be just like the big kids, so I'm not at all surprised that she wants homework.  Her attitude is, whatever they are doing, I want to do too!

Vivien had a lot of Halloween events this year.  She went to Truck or Treat at Ryder's school, the City Hall Halloween party, 2 Halloween parties at her school and trick or treating.  She decided that she wanted to be a ghost, so we went to Joann's and picked out a beautiful see-through shimmery white fabric.  I made a poncho out of it and my plan was to have her wear all white and then put the shimmery white see-though poncho on her head.  She wore that to Truck or Treat and pretty much wore it long enough to take pictures and that was it!  I don't know why she hated it but she did.  I offered to make a hold for it to go over her head, but she was done with it!  She was a firefighter to 1 school party and a princess to the other events.  She got her weight in candy and got to stay out so late that she fell asleep in the wagon on the way home, so I'd say she had a good night!


A grumpy princess

A happy firefighter

What a haul!

A scary skeleton

Happy at school

On the swings

The ghost costume didn't make it very far, but it was cute!

No comments: