Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2007

This Week in Training

Monday:
3 mile easy run
12 minutes of Yoga (It made me nauseous!)

Tuesday:
1 mile warmup, drills & strides
Strides
1 hour Yoga video (no nausea this time)

Wednesday:
3 mile run
8x 30s hard/30s easy

Thursday:
Grad school

Friday:
3 mile easy run
1 hour Yoga video

Saturday:
Weightlifting

Sunday:
1 mile warmup
4x400 2 min recovery
(84.7, 81.4, 85.7, 84.3)
I would've done a couple more, but a little kids' soccer tournament arrived.

Next week I'm starting my 4 week Pre-Competitive cycle. I'm trying Clyde Hart's training plan/advice this year. The one thing that was lacking in my 400m fitness before was finishing strength and Hart's plan seems heavy on that, so I'm going to give it a shot. We'll see in December.

I'm also very inflexible nowadays, so I thought that I'd give yoga a shot. The first dvd that I got from the library is a little too out there for me, but I've ordered a couple more that are supposed to be more athlete oriented, focusing on the activity and not the philosophy.

No comments: