Pages

Monday, November 4, 2019

4 Years + 1 month! (Jaunary 2019)


The kids got a bunch of games for Christmas and Vivi loves to play them.  She loves to play with us and with Ryder, or all of us of course. Spot It is a huge favorite, which is great because it is quick.  Chutes and Ladders and Candyland are popular too, but those games can take a long time!  I love that they can play the games by themselves, although some refereeing is sometimes necessary!  Vivien is generally not a sore loser, so that’s nice.

Vivien has been waking up and waking me up a lot at night.  She is not the easiest person to sleep with and there were some stretches where it felt like I was getting barely any sleep.  I finally sat her down and talked to her about how hard it is for me to get the sleep that I need when she sleeps with us, and she stopped coming into the bed that night!  She will still sometimes call for me, but she is staying in her bed. 

All of a sudden this month, Vivien has started refusing to have sleepovers with Ryder.  The sleepovers ebb and flow- one month one kid wants them and the other doesn’t, then it switches, then they both like it for a while.  It’s funny.  Now before bedtime, Vivi’s main concern is reading a book.  She cuddles in bed reading and then I leave her with a flashlight to look at her books a little longer before she falls asleep.

Vivi is still a great eater.  She won’t eat everything, but she does eat a great variety and doesn’t complain that much about the food she is served.  If Ryder complains, it can go one of two ways: A) Look, I’m eating it and it’s great! or B) I hate this too! 

This month we’ve been having lots of dance parties.  If I put on music to dance to while I’m cooking or cleaning, Vivi is out in the kitchen dancing with me right away.  Sometimes everyone gets in on the dance parties, sometimes it’s just me and Vivi.  Vivien has also started watching a new show this month- a reboot of She-ra Princess of Power, that I like just as much (maybe more!) than her!  She loves to run around with one of our toy swords playing She-ra now, it’s very cute!


So proud of writing her name!

A sweet smile for Mommy

Hard at work

I love that face

Enjoying a Hoodsie


No comments: