Pages

Friday, November 8, 2019

4 Years + 3 months! (March 2019)


This month Vivien has been very into taking my jewelry and wearing it around the house, or packing it into her many little cases and bags.  I have very little jewelry, all of it costume, and I never wear it, but she found it on a little stand in my room.  Even though I probably won’t wear them, there are a couple of pieces that I do care about so she has to be careful with those.  There is a third piece that I know I will never wear, so I gave it to her to keep in her room and that made her happy.

A few months ago, Ryder picked out a show on Netflix (Miraculous Ladybug) that I thought seemed silly and uninteresting and I was happy when it didn’t really catch on.  Fast forward a few months and Ryder and/or Vivien somehow got it going again and now all us of, especially me, are into it bigtime!  It’s a superhero show set in France and both Ryder and Vivi like to play Ladybug- there are two main heroes, so it’s perfect or them.

Vivien continues to be 100% into art activities.  I don’t think a week has gone by without Vivi asking to do “an activity.”  Her art spot, which is inconveniently her dinner spot, is almost always set up with newspaper and art supplies.  She likes to draw and color, but her preference is the messier and more interesting activities.  I bought the kids Bingo daubers and Vivi loves to use them.  She also still loves Play-doh, pay sand and slime, especially homemade. 

Vivien knows that I have a stash of dolls from when I was younger in a bench in our bedroom and she convinced me to give her some more.  She has most of my old Disney princess dolls now, except for a few special ones.  Unfortuntely two of my Jasmine dolls lost their heads, but some of that was probably due to their age in addition to her lack of a gentle touch.  Luckily I had three, so the remaining one has outfit choices!  Vivi loves to dress and redress the dolls and set them up around the house.  She imagines scenes for them and it is fun to listen to her talk to and for her dolls!

Getting a ride

All dressed up in Mommy's stuff

Enjoying the snow

Look at that smile!

No comments: